10 Reasons to start using Typescript now!
- Typescript is open source. Yes, Microsoft created it, but you can fork the source on github!
- Type safety. Typescript has an optional type safety feature so that if you only want type safe signatures on the public apis then you only pay that price on the public API.
- Get the benefits of a nice(modern) syntax like Coffeescript, but with type checking and the emerging standard ES6 syntax as well
- Its framework agnostic use it with whatever framework you want — "Typescript don’t care its a Honey Badger!"
- Use whatever tooling you want. It is just a command-line compiler. Want full ide support, use WebStorm or Visual Studio (they have intelligent support for Typescript). Want something lightweight use Sublime Text (there are Typescript plugins available as well).